Meet Dr. Roz
My love for animals and natural ways of treating animals stems from my childhood. I grew up with animals on different farms my parents lived on and given the remoteness of where we lived, we often had to find natural ways to treat minor ailments for our animals.
When I was 13 I asked my parents to do an animal kinesiology course, and began treating family and friends' animals for pocket money with great success.
I went on to follow another passion at university, languages and human interaction and communication to which I hold a PhD among other teaching and education qualifications. In understanding exactly how people interact I started to see the role of animals in this and was drawn back to my love of natural therapies, animals and humans, when I rescued Syd in 2016 and then Trevor in 2018.
These dogs had been written off by many animal practitioners, and I set out on a journey to learn more about the wonderful world of animals and ways we can communicate and work with them to help them heal and thrive in the most positive, natural and humane ways.
I advocate for giving animals choice and freedom when they are in my care and I allow the animals to choose what it is they need to heal.
Roz holds the following qualifications:
- BA (Hons First Class)
- Graduate Certificate University Teaching & Learning
- Certificate Animal Kinesiology
- Certificate Natural Animal Medicines
- Advanced Diploma Natural Animal Medicines
- Whole Energy Body Balance (WEBB) Practitioner
- Canine Massage Therapist
- Canine Kinesiology Taping Certified
- Cranial Sacral Therapy Certified
- Animal Neuro-Myofascial Release (Canine, Feline and Equine)